If we don't have this item in-stock, it's available through Special Order. Please contact [email protected].
These extremity vacuum splints are constructed from a high-quality puncture-resistant, MRI compatible /X-Ray translucent polyurethane material that is able to keep a vacuum for 24 hours.
Med Tech Sweden Vacuum Splints conform to a patient's extremities quickly and without pressure.
- The multi-chamber system keeps the inner materials in place for fast and easy application and secure, reliable coverage.
- ½” US/Europe standard fitting two-piece valve system—the same high-quality standard size valve used in the Med Tech Sweden Vacuum Spine Board.
- Guaranteed to hold vacuum for 24 hours.
- MRI compatible, x-ray translucent, latex free, PVC free.
- Made in the U.S.A
Easy to apply:
- Place the desired extremity vacuum splint on a flat surface; distribute the beads evenly over the extremity splint.
- Apply the small hand vacuum pump, open the valve, and pump out some air, making the splints stiffer to prevent the beads from shifting when applying to the extremity.
- Close the valve; disconnect the vacuum pump and apply the splint to the extremity.
- Form the splint around the extremity and use medical tape to close it, connect the vacuum pump, open the valve, and withdraw the air fully. Close the valve and readjust with some more tape, if necessary.
- The disposable extremity vacuum splints fold to a compact size when not in use. A set is available with a small hand-operated vacuum pump, suction-adapter for portable suction units, and a carrying case for easy storage.