La Sportiva Skwama
- Availability: In stock
- Brand:La Sportiva
- Availability: In stock
Like the scales of a snake, Skwama is the super sensitive, all embracing climbing shoe, capable of supporting the climber in his more technical moves on overhangs, indoor or outdoor, and on slabs.
Designed for performance this model is extremely flexible thanks to the new construction of the sole, which increases the possibility of using the shoe spread on the rock in a homogeneous and uniform way. The suede leather and micro-fibre uppers perfectly wrap-around the foot eliminating rigid areas and internal voids, promoting stability in torsion, thanks also to the innovative patented shell S-Heel ™ that maintains stability accentuating the performance and the 'adaptability in the shoe during heel hooks. The Skwama ™ model in protective, ultra sticky rubber at the toe protects against abrasion and forms a grippy surface for toe hooks. The Vibram XS-Grip2 sole provides maximum grip on any type of wall. Skwama: it fits like a skin, it protects like a scale.
As for fit, the Skwama features a suede leather / microfibre upper which is lined only in the back. Being part synthetic and part leather, expect it to stretch up to half a size. La Sportiva recommend you fit the Skwama on the snug side for a performance fit. If you're looking for a similar shoe but one that's stiffer and more suited for all-round use, try the Otaki which is built on the same last as the Skwama.
- The new construction concept combines the advantages of a tight fitting slipper with the precision and volume regulation of a Velcro lacing system shoe
- Maximum sensibility and precision including torsion stability: the shoe follows the movements of the foot eliminating empty volumes and rigid areas.
- Innovative patent S-Heel™ heel: allows perfect stability in torsion enhancing performance and flexibility for heel blocks. Innovative sole construction in two parts, created to enhance longitudinal flexibility it allows the shoe to maintain a perfect stability in torsion enhancing the performance and the adaptability for heel.
- Innovative construction of the sole in two parts, designed to enhance the longitudinal flex and to encourage the “spread“ of climbing shoes.
- Weight: 420 g (pair, size 39)
- Upper Material:Microfibre in combination with suede leather
- Sole Material:Vibram® XS Grip 2
- Sole Thickness:4mm
- Profile:Curved / Downturned
- Flex / Stiffness:Soft
- Lining:Lined (Back Only)
- Terrain:Overhang, Slab