The Chimera carabiner's fully clean nose and 9kN open gate strength give snag free functionality and security.
Mounted on an 11mm Dynatec sling, the Chimera quickdraw is for those who refuse to compromise between weight and security.
- Super-light carabiners are mounted on slim-line Dynatec to create quickdraws that minimise weight. These quickdraws are suitable for alpine climbing, trad onsighting, and any other scenario where minimum weight is desirable.
- Dynatec is strong and light, allowing thin and flexible slings to be used to connect carabiners. An 11mm diameter sling strikes a balance between minimal weight and durability, creating lightweight quickdraws that can withstand repeated use.
- Wire gates are the lightest gate type available, and are appropriate for trad, alpine and winter climbing, where minimal weight is desirable. They are less likely to freeze and clog with ice than solid gate biners, making them ideal for winter and alpine climbing.
- A secondary forging process creates a recess in the carabiner nose that houses the gate notch. This creates a smooth inner profile that prevents snagging on gear, ropes and slings. It also means the nose of the carabiner is wider than the gate, guarding against accidental gate opening caused by rubbing on rock.
- I-Beam construction techniques allow carabiners to be lighter without compromising strength. This is achieved through hot forging, a process which allows metal to be made into complex shapes that improve functionality.
- Contact with wires and bolts can mark a carabiner with sharp edges that might be harmful to ropes. The carabiners on our quickdraws are differentiated by colour, allowing you to consistently use the same end for either protection or ropes.